I’ve temporarily fixed the SSL cert on tolaris.com by rolling back to an older still-valid cert that lacks some DNS names I don’t really need. In the next few months, I intend to upgrade this server and then configure Let’s Encrypt. I’ve had enough of manually dealing with SSL certs.
You are currently browsing articles tagged openssl.
Thanks to everyone who warned me that my SSL certificate is broken. I’ll find a new issuer soon.
This happened because Google and Mozilla have distrusted my SSL issuer, StartSSL, for very good reasons. I was unaware of this action – StartSSL apparently took no effort to warn its customers – until the warning appeared in recent releases of their browsers.
Shame on you, Wosign and StartSSL.
Tonight I tested a Raspberry Pi model B running Raspbian as an OpenVPN-capable router. I used an Apple USB FastEthernet adaptor as the external interface. Results are disappointing. Pushing traffic through the VPN produced 90% CPU usage at about 8 Mbit with the CPU running at 700 MHz (no CPU overclocking). That’s far below what my tests with “openssl speed” produced.