I’ve added several packages to the repository recently. I still use maverick, the last release before Unity became the default. I intend to move to Unity with precise, but until then I’ve been backporting things to maverick.
- maverick: fceux 2.1.5, backported from precise
- maverick: get-iplayer 2.8.0, taken directly from precise
- lucid: logcheck 1.3.14, backported from precise to correct a problem with wildcard globs in the lucid release
Tags: lucid, maverick, repo, ubuntu
It’s been almost two years since I assembled gozer, my first HTPC. Over the Christmas holiday I replaced gozer with zuul, a Zotac ZBOX HD-ID11.
Read the rest of this entry »
Tags: htpc, maverick, ubuntu, xbmc
Update 2011-08-06: BackupPC has been removed from the repo. A newer release is available in maverick-backports.
Minor updates to the repo for Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat:
- BackupPC 3.2.0 has been added. This is the same package from Debian Sid, and works on Lucid as well. I don’t recommend a non-LTS release for your backup solution, but if your hardware requires a newer kernel, you might need this. I’ve tested it myself.
- Clementine 0.5.3 has been removed. You can now find a newer release in maverick-backports.
Tags: backuppc, maverick, repo