This weekend Pascale and I replaced the children’s Ubuntu PC with a Raspberry Pi. Pascale is my oldest daughter, now 4.5 years old.
Pascale loves the Raspberry Pi logo, and calls the new computer “Raspberry Pi … Pi Pi Pi!” I installed Raspbian on the SD card the night before. The next morning, we sat down together with all the parts and cables. We watched the video and assembled the enclosure together. Then Pascale figured out all where all the cables go and how they snap in. We’re still waiting for the HDMI-to-DVI cable to connect it to the screen on her table, so we tested it on the TV.
We bought the parts on eBay. Here are the details:
- Raspberry Pi model B 512MB RAM
- Adafruit Pi Box, a clear acrylic enclosure
- 16 GB SD card with the latest Raspbian
We already had the peripherals:
- GMYLE Super Slim USB 2.0 Mini Keyboard
- Sweex MI055 Mini Optical USB Mouse, Green
- ViewSonic VX715 display with DVI and VGA inputs